Debate was organized in the cultural festival “Abhivyanjana”.
The program was conducted in two phases.
Phase I: Screening round was held on two days to select the students for the final round. The screening was 21st and 22nd October 2010. The topics were as bellow.
· Democracy becomes false if all the people of the country do not have basic literacy, (School of Management and Humanities and Social Sciences).
· Our nation is prepared for handling disasters. (School of Engineering)
· Naxals are serious about development of backward areas. (School of ICT)
· Women reservation law will boost the women empowerment in India. (School of Bio-technology)
In this round in total 12 students were selected through the panels of Judges for the final round.
Phase II: Final Round was conducted on 29th October’2010 in the Auditorium of the School of Management following the inauguration of the programme.
· Topic : The Common Wealth Games, a waste of money.
· Winners: The fist position went to Ms Niyati Baliyan
second position went to Ms Priyanka Chhaparia.